Deep Water MCQ questions with answer flamingo next book class 12. JAC board is going to organize the first term examination in December. This exam will be on MCQ-based questions. We solve these questions according to the final examination 2021-2022. All the questions are important. The exam will be conducted in December according to 75% of the syllabus. JAC Board has reduced 25% in the 2021-2022 term-end examination.
How to Prepare for the Deep Water MCQ questions?
We have solved the maximum number of questions of Deep Water chapter 2 flamingo class 12. Read all the questions carefully and write the options on paper. Then match the options with the answers. You can get the answer keys at the end of the articles. You can also join our video lessons for the preparation for the final examination. We are specially built these educational platforms for the JAC Board, Ranchi.
Deep Water MCQ Questions With Answers
1. Y.M.C.A. stands for:
(a) Young Men’s Christian Authority
(b) Young Men’s Christopher Association
(c) Young Men’s Christian Army
(d Young Men’s Christian Association
2. The nine feet seemed to Douglas like:
(a) hundred feet
(b) ninety feet
(c) fifty feet
(d) twenty-five feet
3. Where did the writer go when he was 3 or 4 years old in the story?
(b) New Zealand
4. Though Douglas was frightened, he was not:
(a) afraid to die
(b) going to survive
(c) out of his wits
(d) able to shout for help
5. Why did Douglas’ mother recommend that he should learn to swim at the Y.M.C.A. swimming pool?
(a) Because it was local
(b) Because it was safe
(c) Because it was shallow
(d) Because it was shallow and safe
6. Douglas calls him a:
(a) nasty human being
(b) a brute
(c) a beautiful physical specimen
(d) a big bully
7. What is haunting the author?
(a) Terrible experience in the pool
(c) His mother’s words
(d) A push by a young boy
8 At the end of the experience, Douglas felt:
9. The misadventure at the Y.M.CA. pool happened when :
(a) Douglas was accompanied by friends
(b) he was with his father
(c) he was alone
(d) he was with his mother
10. All we have to fear is fear itself. Who said these words?
(b) his instructor
(c) his father
(d) President Roosevelt
11 What do you think you can do to me’? These words were spoken by Douglas to :
(a) a shark
(b) his enemy
(c) the boy who pushed him
Deep Water Chapter 3 Flamingo Book Class 12
Deep water is an autobiography of William Douglas. The story shows how Douglas developed a fear of water in him. The complete story is about his adventure of learning swimming. 12th examination of JAC, Board time table Click Here
12. What did William Douglas desire for
(a) Visit California
(b) To be a judge
(c) To learn swimming
(d) To be with his mother
13. “I crossed to oblivion and the curtain on life fall”.
What does oblivion mean?
(d) none of these
14. What is the story ‘Deep Water’ speaking about to:
(a) Fear of water and the way to overcome it
(b) Fear of people
(c) Fear of dogs
(d) Fear of swimming
16. What is the theme of the story Deep Water?
(a) Victory in facing the fear
(b) Being fearful
(c) To learn swimming
(d) All of these
16. What was stopping Douglas to get into the waters of Cascade?
(a) Memories of Washington
(b) Memories of California
(e) Instructions given by the instructor
(d) Memories full of terror in the pool
17. What does Deep Water signify?
(b) Depth of Sea
(c) Depth of ocean
18. The incident in childhood had taken place at the beach in :
(c) New York
19. The pool’s depth at the deep end was:
(a) twenty feet
(b) nine feet
(c) six feet
(d) eight feet
20. What was the fear in Douglas’ mind?
(a) To be defeated
(b) To be pushed
(c) Being drowned
(d) None of these
21. What distance Douglas covered while swimming across the lake Wentworth?
(a) 4 miles
(b) 3 miles
(c) 5 miles
(d) 2 miles
Class 12th English Chapter 3 MCQ
22. For how many years had the author taught in high school in Yakima?
(a) 2 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 5 years
23. What were the series of emotions and fears that Douglas experienced when he was thrown into the pool?
(d) Mixed feelings of confidence and fear
24. At first, why was the writer not much frightened when he was thrown into the pool?
(a) Because he was sleeping.
(b) Because he was intoxicated.
(c) Because he thought that the lifeguard would come to his rescue.
(d) Because of confidence.
25. His mother warned him against swimming in the Yakima River because it had :
(a) strong currents
(b) it was meant only for boating
(e) many people had drowned there
(d) it had no lifeguards around
26. The writer decided to learn to swim when he was about:
(a) ten or eleven years old
(b) fifteen or sixteen years old
(c) twenty years old
(d) eighteen years old
27. Who is the author of ‘Deep Water?
(a) William Shakespeare
(b) William George Bernard Shaw
(c) William Wordsworth
(d) William Douglas
28. William Douglas was a friend and adviser of:
(a) President Kennedy
(b) President Cleveland
(c) President Roosevelt
(d) President Clinton
29. Where was the lake, Wentworth?
(a) in New Hampshire
(b) in Washington
(c) in California
(d) in Washington D.C.
30. Why was Douglas determined to get over his fear of water?
(a) because he wanted to swim in the waters of the Cascade
(b) because his friend had challenged him
(c) because he had a bet on it
(d) because he wanted to win a medal
Class 12 English Deep Water MCQ questions.
Class 12th MCQ questions are available in Jharkhand Pathshala. Jharkhand Academic Council Ranchi is an educational academic board. If you belong to this education board, this website is very helpful for you. Continue with the questions.
31. How did this experience affect the author?
(a) Became fearless
(d) Became hydrophobic
Join our lesson on our YouTube channel Jharkhand Pathshala. It is our brand channel. You can subscribe to my channel. We made videos for the class 12th students of Arts. Join Us.
32. How did Douglas make sure that he had conquered the old terror?
(a) By visiting California
(b) By jumping into the waters
(c) By taking a lesson from the instructor
(d) By swimming into the lake Wentworth
33. How did the instructor make Douglas a good swimmer?
(b) With the help of ropes
(c) By pushing him into the pool
(d) With the help of ropes and belts
34. When Douglas tried to yell:
(a) everyone came to his rescue
(b) no sound came out
(c) his father arrived
(d) the lifeguard dived to save him up, they hung as
35. Whenever terror struck again, Douglas would start :
(c) fifty times
(d) ten times
36. Douglas had to repeat exhaling and inhaling exercises :
(a) hundred times
(b) forty times
(c) fifty times
(d) ten times
37. The water in the pool had a :
(a) dirty yellow tinge
(b) a blue reflection
(c) green color
(d) no color
38. What does Douglas do to save himself in the pool?
(a) Used his mind and pushed himself up
(b) Shouted aloud
(c) Called people
(d) Shouted for help
39. Douglas went down towards the bottom:
(a) only once
(d) five times
40. What was the impact of the pool incident?
(a) Developed fear
(b) Became confident
(c) Became overconfident
(d) Hydrophobia was revived
41. When he regained consciousness, he-
(a) laughed at his experience
(b) had 104° F fever
(c) shook and cried and didn’t cat anything
(d) told his mother about his misadventure
42. He practiced in the pool :
(a) ten times a week
(b) five days a week
(c) twice a week
(d) thrice a week
43. Why did Douglas hire an instructor?
(a) To be confident in swimming
(b) To compete with others
(c) To flaunt
(d) To overcome his fear of water and learn swimming
44. After being haunted by fear for many years, Douglas decided to learn to swim with help of:
(a) his mother
(b) his father
(c) a friend
(d) an instructor
45. Why did Douglas hate to walk with bare legs?
(a) Because of ugly looking legs
(b) fat legs
(c) Because of skin color
(d) Because of skinny legs
Match the answers to the questions.
Ans. 1. (d), 2. (b), 3. (c), 4. (c), 5. (d), 6. (c), 7. (a), 8. (b), 9. (c), 10. (d), 11. (d), 12. (c), 13. (c), 14. (a), 15. (a), 16. (d), 17. (d), 18. (d), 19. (b), 20. (c), 21. (d), 22. (a), 23. (d), 24. (d), 25. (c), 26. (a), 27. (d), 28. (c), 29. (a), 30. (a), 31. (d), 32. (d), 33. (d), 34. (b), 35. (d), 36. (a), 37. (a), 38. (a), 39. (c), 40. (d), 41. (c), 42. (b), 43. (d), 44. (d), 45. (d).
Deep Water MCQ solution for the class. We solved these questions according to the December exam in 2021. JAC Board declared that only multiple-choice questions will be in the examination. The questions are based on 75% of the syllabus. Send me an email if you want any lessons on demand. We will provide the solution as soon as possible.